When you’re ready to install new siding on your home, the exceptional quality of James Hardie® siding makes it a great choice. Designed and tested to handle the wet, windy climate of Chicago, James Hardie siding is a wonderful, value-adding selection for discerning homeowners in the Chicago area.
But before your siding replacement contractor gets to work transforming your home exterior with beautiful siding, you have a decision to make. What form of James Hardie siding should you choose: James Hardie ColorPlus® or James Hardie Primed siding? Both options deliver great performance, but you’ll want to choose the siding that best meets your needs.
Here are some things to consider as you select siding that you’ll be happy with for years to come.
The Advantages of James Hardie ColorPlus Siding
James Hardie’s unique ColorPlus technology bakes color into your siding products, yielding a long-lasting, attractive appearance for your home exterior. ColorPlus siding creates many advantages for Chicago homeowners:
• No need to paint! — With baked-in color, your siding doesn’t need to be primed and painted. It needs only to be properly installed by a skilled James Hardie siding contractor.
• Simple installation process — Because the color is added at the factory, you save on painting time. You also won’t have to wait for the weather to be favorable for painting.
• Superb color application — ColorPlus siding is applied seamlessly and in multiple coats — more coats than are typically applied by painting contractors. You get a smooth, lovely finish that’s hard to beat with hand painting.
• Color that lasts and lasts — The baked-on ColorPlus technology is designed to resist the sun’s UV rays. As a result, you get less fading over time and enjoy a more vibrant color for much longer than you do with traditional paint.
• Eco-friendly option — ColorPlus technology also reduces the harmful environmental effects of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) present in the paint.
• Less mess — Since there’s no need to paint, there’s also no need for the messy headache of moving outdoor furniture, covering plants, throwing away empty paint cans, or cleaning up spilled paint.
• Excellent warranty — James Hardie’s ColorPlus siding comes with a 15-year limited warranty that covers both color and labor.
The Advantages of James Hardie Primed Siding
Primed siding from James Hardie is exactly what it sounds like — it is primed at the factory and ready to be painted once properly installed on your home. And there are definite benefits when choosing James Hardie Primed siding:
• More colors — Because ColorPlus boards get their tint in the factory, they are limited to 33 preset colors. That’s not bad — but if you want more variety than that or are searching for a very particular shade for your home, Primed siding allows you to select any paint color (and brand) that you prefer.
• Available faster — ColorPlus boards must be special ordered, which takes time. Installation may be delayed as you wait for shipment. But Primed boards are almost always available immediately.
• Simple touch-ups — If your paint needs a quick touch-up, Primed boards are easier to match in terms of color. Simply get more of the paint you initially used.
• Affordability — Though there isn’t much difference in pricing between ColorPlus and Primed siding, the Primed option can be slightly more affordable if your budget is tight. Remember, you’ll still be purchasing paint and potentially hiring a crew of painters if you choose Primed board instead of James Hardie ColorPlus siding.
• Great warranty — James Hardie products come with a great warranty, offering peace of mind, especially when installed by experienced James Hardie siding pros like Siding & Windows Group.
Making Your Choice
After considering all the factors, know this — both types of James Hardie siding are exquisite, high-performing products that homeowners love. There’s a good reason why James Hardie is America’s top siding provider. Homeowners appreciate James Hardie’s attractive, long-lasting, weather-resistant performance — no matter which James Hardie product they decide to invest in.
Keep in mind that it also pays to work with an experienced siding replacement contractor with expertise in proper, careful, detailed James Hardie siding installation. As a James Hardie Elite Preferred Contractor, Siding & Windows Group is trained to install both ColorPlus and Primed James Hardie siding products the right way, ensuring you enjoy your full warranty as well as the superior performance from your siding for years.
Exceptional, Enduring Quality for Your Home Exterior
You deserve to come home to a dwelling that makes you smile whenever you see it. From choosing the right colors for your home exterior to investing in the right siding contractor, your Chicago area home deserves the very best. As a James Hardie Elite Preferred contractor, Siding & Windows Group ensures you enjoy a carefully planned, detail-oriented siding installation that is done right the first time.
Contact us today to schedule a free quote — and learn more about how choosing and installing the right siding for your Chicago area home.