Is your home looking lackluster or in need of a fresh new appearance that will make it pop from the curb? Are you ready for an exterior home improvement project that boosts your home’s beauty, adds value, and gives you peace of mind for years to come? Then it may be time to update your house by installing attractive, long-lasting James Hardie fiber cement siding.
There is a good reason why James Hardie fiber cement siding is so popular with Chicago area homeowners and siding replacement contractors alike. Fiber cement is a superior choice that fits a wide variety of tastes and architectural styles. Take a look at why James Hardie siding is a top choice among those who want their home siding to look stunning and perform well for years.
1. Long-lasting performance
Fiber cement is an extremely durable, non-toxic, manmade material that is ideal for home siding that lasts and lasts. A mixture of cement, wood pulp, water, and fly ash, fiber cement is exceptional at resisting wear and tear.
- Doesn’t easily wear down — Unlike wood, fiber cement doesn’t rot. And unlike stone or brick, it doesn’t erode.
- Unappealing to pests — Insects and other pests can’t eat it, so you won’t have to deal with termites, carpenter ants, woodpeckers, and other annoying creatures.
- Great in any weather — James Hardie siding is Engineered for Climate — meaning it has specific product lines designed to perform well in Chicago’s cold, snowy winters and wet, windy weather.
As a result of this unique composition and durability, James Hardie fiber cement siding stays in great condition for many years — giving you excellent value for your investment.
2. Beauty and versatility
Whether your house is modern, rustic or classic in style, James Hardie siding is an excellent option that looks great on any home. The James Hardie line offers a wide selection of products to meet your needs, match your house’s unique architecture, or create a distinct style to fit your personal preferences.
Fiber cement siding adds beauty to Chicago homes in many ways:
- Mimics many styles — Its adaptability allows it to be shaped to look like genuine wood, brick, stucco and stone, giving you a great appearance that needs less maintenance than these other materials.
- Comes in many color options — James Hardie products come either primed for painting or infused with baked-on color through its unique ColorPlue® technology that keeps the siding looking bright and fresh for years.
- Highly customizable — The different panels, boards, and trims available in James Hardie’s many product lines give homeowners the ability to create nearly any look imaginable.
- Works well for historic homes— Many Chicago homes are historic in nature, making it important to select a siding material that enhances that original feel. James Hardie siding is great for this. In fact, one of our specialties at Siding and Windows Group is assisting homeowners with finding the right James Hardie siding products to preserve their historic home’s appearance and value.
3. Ease of maintenance
While brick, stone, wood, and stucco all require frequent maintenance like painting, regular repairs, or refinishing, fiber cement is much less demanding in terms of care. Imagine exterior siding for your home that:
- Stays in place— As long as fiber cement siding is properly installed by an experienced siding contractor familiar with James Hardie siding, you’re unlikely to deal with loose or falling boards.
- Resists moisture— Simply reapply caulk along the edges every few years to enhance its protective qualities.
- Retains its color—Unlike wood, which needs to be retreated or repainted every few years, fiber cement siding typically retains its color for 12-15 years.
- Benefits from a gentle rinse—To clean James Hardie siding, simply grab your garden hose once a year and give it a gentle washing.
4. Superb warranty
Because it lasts so long, needs such infrequent repairs, and is typically installed strictly by qualified siding replacement contractors, the warranty on James Hardie siding is exceptional. You’ll enjoy:
- Long-lasting guarantees—James Hardie siding comes with impressively long warranties, among the best in the industry:
- A 30-year transferable product warranty
- A 15-year finish warranty that covers paint and labor
- Experienced installation experts — To assure homeowners enjoy the full benefits of these warranties, James Hardie trains siding replacement contractors in proper techniques and offers different levels of certification that meet exacting standards.
Siding and Windows Group is proud to be a James Hardie Elite Preferred Contractor — the highest level of certification available — assuring homeowners precise installation techniques done right.
5. Great return on investment
James Hardie fiber cement siding is a fantastic investment to make for your home. It is:
- Fire-resistant — It’s non-combustible, meaning it doesn’t catch on fire when exposed to flames or heat. This helps to protect your property should a fire break out.
- Great for insurance rates — Fiber cement siding can lower your homeowner’s insurance premiums by up to 14% — a significant savings.
- Prized by homebuyers — With its superb appearance, long-lasting warranties, and great performance over time, James Hardie fiber cement siding gives home sellers a distinct advantage. It’s a home improvement that typically returns 78% to 100% in value — one of the highest returns on investment for any improvement project you might do.
Beautify and Protect Your Chicago Home
When a home improvement project consistently yields a strong return on investment, it’s something to consider. And when your Chicago area home is in need of home exterior remodeling that will enhance its curb appeal and give you superb performance for years, it’s time to consider James Hardie siding.
At Siding & Windows Group, we understand that home improvement like siding installation can be intimidating or frustrating. For that reason, we believe you should have a siding replacement experience that is stress-less, straightforward, and thorough — so you can relax and enjoy your home.
We make the process of siding installation easy:
- Get a consultation.
- Design a siding plan that works for you.
- Enjoy your home.
Simply contact us today to schedule a free quote — and look forward to a home you’ll love for years to come.