Enjoy the Benefits of Energy Efficient Replacement Windows
Did your latest energy bill give you sticker shock? Have you noticed your utilities costs creeping higher and higher, even though you’ve been doing all you can to keep them low? The culprit may be an integral element of your home — your windows.
It’s not surprising that leaving windows open can drive A/C and heating costs higher, but even if they’re closed, they may still not be giving you the energy savings your home deserves. Installing beautiful, modern windows such as Marvin Windows can produce great benefits, including saving you on utilities, making your home more eco-friendly, boosting curb appeal, and adding lasting value.
The Impact Inefficient Windows Have on Your Wallet
Think your existing windows couldn’t possibly be costing you too much in energy spending? Think again — because poorly performing windows can drive up energy costs more than you might realize. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, nearly 25% of a home’s heating and cooling costs throughout the year can be traced back to windows that aren’t providing the best insulation and efficiency.
That’s a lot of money that would be better off in your bank account, right? It’s worth considering how new windows from top manufacturers like Marvin can help you have a home that retains its investment value. Plus, the added comfort and attractiveness of replacement windows can give you a home you’re proud of for years to come.
Reasons Your Windows May Be Inefficient
There are some common denominators that contribute to why your windows may be causing your heating and cooling costs to be higher than necessary.
- Your home is over 30 years old. Older windows simply don’t have the modern, energy saving features of today’s modern choices.
- Your home was built by a contractor who cut corners and installed low-quality windows.
- Your windows were installed improperly, perhaps with incomplete seals or missing caulking.
- Your windows are damaged somehow — broken, cracked, rotting, or otherwise malfunctioning in ways that keep you from getting the most value out of them.
Signs Your Windows Lack Energy Efficiency
If you’re still not sure whether your home’s windows aren’t keeping your home as efficient as possible, ask yourself these questions.
- Do your windows feel noticeably cold in winter and hot in summer?
- Can you feel a draft creeping in from your windows?
- Are your utilities bills rising unexpectedly?
- Are your windows broken or cracked?
- Is it hard to fully open, close, and lock windows?
- Do your windows frequently fog up or show condensation?
- Is your heat or A/C running nearly constantly to keep your home comfortable?
These are all signs your windows aren’t performing at peak efficiency.
Other Reasons to Consider Replacement Windows
Energy efficiency that lowers utilities costs is only one reason that new windows may be just what your home needs. Replacing those old, drab, poor-performing windows can get you a more stylish appearance, the latest features, more natural light indoors, safer resistance to intruders, and more. To learn more, check out these 5 reasons replacement windows are a great investment.
Energy Efficient Replacement Windows by Marvin Offer Great Results
You deserve top-performing home products that give you confidence and enhance your investment in your home. That’s why Siding & Windows Group highly recommends Marvin Windows to our Chicagoland area clients. Marvin products are superbly energy-efficient for several reasons that homeowners enjoy.
1. Strong Insulation Value
Windows from years past typically had single panes that are not nearly as efficient as today’s multi-paned options. Marvin Windows are better at insulating your home than older windows.
- Multi-panes — Marvin Windows come with double or triple panes that provide greater insulation than their single-paned counterparts.
- Gas fill — The windowpanes are filled with 90% Argon or Krypton gas, which helps prevent heat transfer between the outdoors and your comfortable indoors.
- Foam filling — With polyurethane insulating foam inserted into Marvin Window frames, homeowners enjoy greater insulation value that many other types of windows.
2. Great UV Resistance
Harmful UV rays can come through your window glass and fade furniture. The heat generated by UV rays can make it hard to keep your home cool without the A/C running all the time. But Marvin Windows have the advantage of Low-E glass coating.
- Heat reflection — Low-E reflects heat so that your home stays at a comfortable temperature more consistently.
- Fade resistance — Low-E also keeps out UV rays so your furnishings don’t get faded by ongoing exposure to sunlight.
3. Elegant Design Features
Marvin Windows are manufactured with an elegant design that provides long-lasting strength and durability that homeowners can rely on.
- XLEdge™ Spacer System — Spacers are a window element that keep multiple panes the right distance apart. Marvin Windows feature a unique spacer system that ensures maximum insulating value.
- Strong Frames — Marvin Windows are fusion welded together, a technique that provides greater strength and durability than other window manufacturing approaches. This allows Marvin Windows to be more resistant to air and water.
4. Other Ways Energy Efficient Replacement Windows by Marvin Can Benefit You
In addition to energy savings, homeowners appreciate Marvin Windows for their many impressive benefits.
- Beautiful design and craftsmanship
- The latest features and technology
- Strength and long-lasting nature
- Versatility in styles and colors
- Lifetime warranties
Enjoy Energy Efficient Marvin Replacement Windows for Your Home
Beautiful Marvin Windows installed by our expert team make Chicago area homeowners delighted with their lovely, energy-saving windows. And we take great pride in our responsive customer service, precision workmanship and top-performing materials that give you the peace of mind that comes with knowing you chose the right replacement windows.
To learn more about our process and your options, contact us for a free quote.